Monday, June 20, 2005

we can never say what we feel


my sister's wasn't in town that's why she's not in this photo...

Before i even write about my trip to Cambridge, i just want to say i feel guilty for missing Father's Day. I erm, saw all the posters in London but i thought that since uk has a different Mother's Day date from Spore, then the same will happen for Father's Day right?

so apparently i have presumed wrong & only found out when i came across all the blog entries about fathers.....

I just hope that my dad had a good sunday resting at home and didn't slog it away doing housechores. Love my daddy, but we're from 'a typical chinese family' where we never say whatwe really feel. My dad firmly belives that all he can do is to bring us up as well as he can & provide and keep providing till he deems that we are ready to stand on our own, and even then they will still provide. (Am thankful i wasn't born in a typical American/English home, where i would have to pay my own way once i've turned 18 yrs of age)

If not for my dad's decision to part with an obscene sum of dosh, i would never have made it to study in London. I heaved a huge sigh of relief when i got my results (was shaking with fear while on the tube to get it) and it will only be totally over for me when i graduate for real on 21st July.

My dad's not coming for it, only mum+sis will attend. Really wish that he could, but i know he hates flying and he needs his bowl of rice with every meal. Dad told my sister that once we're all back in Spore, he wants the family to take a "quan jia fu" (family potrait) with us 3 kids in the graduation gown. (so typically Singaporean but i guess it's the only way for my parents to have a visual proof of their accomplishments)

I will always be thankful that he gave me this chance and although i don't know how, i will repay him somehow, someday, somewhere. As i typed this entry, i remember another reason why i am not keen to stay on to work here: I want to go home so that my dad won't be so bored. All he has now it my mum and the cat and i know he needs someone to talk to sometimes....

aiyah.
apologies if you read this entry and was hoping for something about Cambridge. Didn't intend it to be so long+totally off my initial topic+boring+sappy+talking in circles.

2 comments:

Neon_Lilith said...

Hey Hey! I just love your blog :) It seems that everything you write comes from your heart :) Come visit me sometime at neonlilith.blogspot.com :)

Anonymous said...

It's great, why apologize?
/wan