Monday, August 18, 2008

a Sunday of memories

Helped aunt to load another trip worth of things from the old place over to her new @ AMK. It's nice and cozy, bright enough & great breeze but sure feels weird... that I have seen it lived in by the previous family.

It makes me kinda sad that we have to leave the old apartment... I have been there on weekends for my WHOLE life... literally - aunt has pictures of me there from like kiddie days... I remember us having to wash our feet the moment we get to the apartment, to us fighting for the red melamine bowls, the soya chicken wings that my grandpa cooked, opening durians on the floor...bathing in big colorful plastic tubs that look absolutely tiny now (wonder how we fit in there as kids but oh well... I was small/slim once!)

The wall in the living room with a scenery on it - which was always the backdrop of our family photos during CNY... the room that my grandpa slept in...the room I slept in when I stayed over... the... the fact that soon I'm never ever going to see/step into that apartment again makes me feel really sad. 20+years of memories it holds for me & my family... and looking back, it sure doesn't feel That long...

Well the new place is nice, but I will surely miss You - grand old one @ Farrer Court. Goodbye & I will never forget my years spent with you.









No comments: