Monday, November 10, 2003

Sat:: i went to my first Guy Fawkes bonfire+fireworks party ever! it was cold as usual but i cannot explain to you how great it was to stand there in the night, with the co-ordinated music+firework blasting thru the sky...... i felt like a kid once again, looking up at a big beautiful 'giant' streaking & bursting all over. It's just such a different experience for me every single time.

ming, i never told you this but since young,i have always been a sucker for fireworks, & i would grasp every chance i had to go for fireworks display back in spore. i've got people who stare at me with disbelief, who cant understand why i'm so crazy about something so noisy and 'mundane'. Thanks for being there with me, it meant a lot.


Today was:
slazy lazy sunday.
stayed in to watch the Europe MTV Awards....i don't like Justin Timberlake! it erks me that he got 3 awards. urghs.

slacked slacked slacked....then watched this programme about "The Theory of Everything" talked about: quantum mechanics, physics, atoms, neutron, protons, equation abnormalies blah blah blah. i'm not afraid to admit that it was all boggling & i got lost halfway through it & i got sleepy = that's why i was born to be an artist!

then a documentary programme by this BBC reporter who was in Iraq covering the war. it's depressing. i just sat there with my hands on my face, stoned out by the cruel reality of war, how friendly fires happen and how war destroys so many lifes. The team lost an Iraqi guy who was their translator + part of the BBC team, in a friendly fire attack gone very wrong. The whole crew was very effected & all but 2 chose to return back home.

This line by the reporter just struck me hard, dunno why:
"this man died because he wanted to be my friend."

No comments: